Thursday, January 17, 2008

while waiting for my music to transfer to my screwed-up mp3 player...

Oh sigh... it's 430am now and what am I doing? stuck on my com fiddling with my mp3 player... give me an ipod anyday.... iRiver is driving me nuts..... i was supposed to update the songs... and guess what happened... it happily erased 3/4 of the existing songs... so now i have to re-transfer.... thank god i had the foresight to keep the original song selections on the laptop. blast.

and tomorrow there's studio... oh joy~! *sarcastic sniffing*

I haven't sorted out the siemreap wishlist/vision.
I haven't proofread the studio site report. (but that's cos people haven't sent me their SWOTs)
I haven't finished reading the rotterdam portcity notes.
I haven't started on the urban workshop case study points. (see above regarding rotterdam)

and this is only the 4th day of school.

sigh... and i thought with a 2 day week i would have a pleasant last semester.... oh well.... it was always too good to be true.... what with the added burden of dissertation looming on the horizon and me absolutely not knowing what I'm even interested in for my dissertation topic. fantastic.

and financial woes.... i don't think i can handle a part time job this sem... and the banks have sent out the final summary on how much i owe for my so called world-class education.... comes up to a terrifying amount of 33K. interest-payable the day i graduate.

and tas related stuff. somehow i lack the enthusiasm for all the planning and meetings and brainstorming... and that's kinda unfair to the com since i ain't really putting in 100% effort. the exchange people are all back.... which on one hand makes me happy to see familiar faces, conversely makes me aware that i really don't belong anywhere in archi... i'm just a drifting soul. no constant group of friends - story of my life.

lots of people have commented that I don't update my blog for eons.... but then I think, I invariably moan/despair/complain/rant in my entries... so well i know my life isn't great, so why tell everyone else that i'm sad? makes it even more pathetic right.

hm, but there are good times interspersed with the bad. if i can bring myself to bother putting up pics again, it kinda shows that i still have a reasonably good life.... let's rewind back to after everything ended last sem...

first off.... slacking.... and slacking.... and slacking.... then the mad rush for the pre-site visit presentation... then 4th dec off to cambodia... angkor beautiful angkor... site studies... bad experiences there... then phnom penh... then ho chi minh... photos galore but like increasingly so most pictures have no one in them... 17th dec back to sg dead broke...

back to slacking.... and suddenly it's the christmas season~! met up with our diminished ct gang minus clare and darius... but at least caught zhenhao=) hopefully we can meet up before u go back to the states.... then christmas eve was kinda different this year... went to watch emma carol at hyatt and then back to whampoa for hawker dinner with von and pk... and i still think our impromptu home manicures were kinda funny... lolz.

if i'm not wrong the next few days were spent immersed in books and grey's anatomy.... until the 30th... meet up with the hanyang students at Central... seemed like not so long ago where we were making regular trips to boonlay to meet them... and now they were going home... glad to have known some of them... resolve to keep in contact.... we had some great times with them... 31st lunch with the koreans at cpg... songyi's birthday...=) i realised novena sq/velocity is a hidden gem... haha must go there more often... then off to meet pk and von for the shiok ktv at chinatown... 10 bucks only on eve of public holiday where to find right... then off to meet mom and dad for dinner at farrer road... phew. that was a tiring day....

academic results... drumrollzzzzz. I survived.... better than i expected which is a supreme bonus considering my near suicidal state last semester... james leow sem is officially not my worst sem to date.... yr4 sem1 is now the ultimate low of my university education...

and then new year... steamboat at xingyun's house 2nd jan... great game of saboteurs... ^^ great start to a new year.... then 3rd jan games at minds cafe... tas meeting.... studio meeting...sending off the various koreans... kinda sad at that... finally meeting up with rgs family... then 11th jan... gareth's back! lolz with all the racist jokes and irreverent comments... hahaha

and then school starts~ site report site report.... refer back to the earlier paragraphs for what is going on in studio.... lolz.

5am now... sleep is now a priority... and somehow prozac or valium seems fitting somehow... or perhaps a shrink. *lame laughter* I should keep busy so that last sem doesn't creep back up on me. yes weilin don't think too much, time goes by but life has to go on. and so just get on with it...

archi boardgames at my house this sat.... hopefully it doesn't get postponed yet again....
which certainly means i must finish making my room decent for visitors' eyes.... *grimaces* but like dad says it's good for me... haha.

time to sleep.... and perhaps tomorrow will be good.~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home