Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Nasi Briyani and Paratha~

Today.. or rather monday... was studio day. Prof Han came at about lunchtime.. if I knew I would have slept longer.. grinz~

as I expected.. we're having some problems with the light sculpture workshop.. manz.. I really hate working with light.. especially natural light...=( The weather isn't cooperating either.. there is no sunshine!!! it's all cloudy!! and it's cold!! haaahaa. and the lake's fountain keeps spewing dirty water at us... phooeey.

We decided to meet tomorrow at 7pm... with sketch models.. it's about 330am now.. I wonder if i will wake up with enough time to do work.. *winks* But Namdaemun site analysis isn't done yet... so yikes.. we got a problem... things are piling up... update and reflections to send to jasmine... settle bicycle stuff.. settle western aki presentation stuff.. readings for const. mgmt.. meet const. mgmt proj grp.. blah blah blah. Sounds a bit bad right? but life is still a-ok here... like hyoung jae says.. he hopes korea will become our 2nd home.. I think it already is... ~

going back to studio.. we nua-ed for quite some time... but I was really stuck for ideas... I really donno if the water balloons thing will have the light effect that we are looking for... and is that considered a installation or a sculpture? I have no idea... sigh.. interim is on wed.. must show prof woo.. *faints*

anyway.. the highlight of the day was of course the title of this post... WAHHAAA. Prof Han is fantastic... he brought us to the area called the international market.. for the fact that many ethnic groups gather here... it's like a mini UN... and the winner was when we saw and smelled CURRY. as in INDIAN CURRY. not japanese curry etcetc. the spices!! ooh. the colour!! ooh. and even the indian perfumey smell that i dont like. also ooh. haa. prof asked me if it smelled of home.. haaha.

altho the food took like forever to come... the briyani was simply worth it... omgomg omg. of cos it's not like the one daddy buys for me in singapore... but to taste authentic indian food in like 2 months was really great. and there was a soybean shop next to the indian shop... and jl, jem, ernie and I went slightly bonkers over the smell of 'dou jiang' haa. I think ernie started hallucinating...

The koreans seemed to like the food alright... the "paratha" I suspect is simply chepati la.. especially since they used the breadroller thingy to flatten it.. reminds me of the stuff we ate in Penang before going to Kekloksi..

sc's mama, sis and ah ma are coming over to korea for her birthday... that's so great of her dad man... grin.. she was like jumping like the madhatter just now la..=) and her mama's helping me bring some clothes and stuff over.. thanks sc!! thanks auntie!! at least now I don't need warm clothes urgently.. heh.=P

Quite a good start of the week.. and looks to get better from tomorrow on..=P cheers~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home